
Scootle has been something I have looked at over the past 12 months. While the intent is obviously good, I haven’t applied much of the content to the classroom. I find the content somewhat dry, and as such, have applied my own interpretation to the content before delivery in the classroom.
Having said this however, I do believe that in order for the resources to be tailored towards addressing the these issues, more and more educators will need to contribute their feelings towards the improvement. And Web 2.0 is perfect for recognising these issues and in time, correcting them.
As for social networking sites such as Twitter and Facebook, I have been a member of the facebook fraternity for a number of years and have recognised both the benefits and pitfalls of such programs. To keep in contact with those you haven’t got regular access to is without a doubt, the forefront of the argument for facebook being a beneficial environment. Through this networking, people can obviously keep in regular contact with one another.
However, at what point is this contact beneficial?
Do we keep in contact with those we wish to in the more traditional sense i.e. phone, or GASP! face to face….
Where do the boundaries lie with social networking sites?
In what setting am I am entitled to feel private?
I prefer to use facebook in a more personal setting. I do not believe that social networking with my students and to a point, my colleagues is something that should take place in a setting like the name suggests ‘social’.
Sorry World (Wide Web), my facebook is mine.
No comments:
Post a Comment